This is started in the morning.
* 1 large can of whole tomatoes
* 1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 small can of tomato paste
Read the labels. Make sure there is no sugar added. You want plain ole tomatoes.
* 2 garlic cloves whole
* 1/2 of the 3 minced sweet peppers (see recipe for meatballs)
* S & P
Place everything but the tomato paste in a large sauce pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer on low for several hours, stirring occasionally. Add tomato paste. Use an immersion blender to blend everything together. Taste and adjust seasoning as you see fit.
* 2 lbs of ground meat
* 3 small sweet peppers minced divided in half (I use a red, yellow, and orange)
* 1 1/2 garlic cloves minced
* S & P
* 1 tsp ground mustard or more if you like
* 1 egg
* 1/2 – 1 tsp of coconut flour or almond flour
1. Everything goes in one big bowl and get your hands dirty. Mix it up and roll into meatballs. Make them as big or as small as you want.
2. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Brown the meatballs on each side.
4. After your sauce has been blended and is done place your meat balls in the sauce and let simmer for at least an hour. Stirring occasionally.
* 2 spaghetti squash
* Olive oil
* 1 1/2 cloves of garlic minced
* S & P
* Grape tomatoes
Preheat oven to 375
1. Slice squash in half length wise. Scrape out the seeds.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle with olive oil/light coating.
3. Place squash cut side down on baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
4. Scrape the squash out with a fork. Pulling the strands towards the center and then scooping them out.
5. Place in a strainer and let the water/moisture drain.
I do all of that in the morning so the squash can sit for a little while.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium heat (you can use the skillet from the meat balls – drain the grease out of the pan first) and drizzle with olive oil. Enough to coat the bottom of the pan and a little extra.
7. Sauté garlic for roughly two minutes/do not burn.
8. Add squash and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté squash until heated through.
9. Add grape tomatoes and a ladle or two of sauce. Toss.
10. Cook until tomatoes have wilted.