The first two weeks of the reset are hard. Some people, if not most, start to feel worse before they feel better. I know for me, that is true. By week two, your energy level seems low, you are missing the foods that once brought you comfort and that you truly enjoyed eating. To get through the first two weeks you need to KNOW and ACCEPT that this won’t be easy!
If you know and accept that you will probably feel worse before you feel better than it’s a step in the right direction to success. You are essentially detoxing for those first 14 days and by week three you will feel like a new person. Focus on day 15. I’m not saying that on day 15 you will wake up and feel better and it will be easy. I’m saying at day 15 you will have made it over the hump.
The cravings are less, your energy level picks up, and you will find your overall mood is pretty darn positive. Focus on the outcome/end result to help get you through the first two weeks. Once you hit the third and fourth week you will notice how different your body feels. Hopefully you will come to understand that it’s not normal to have headaches everyday, chronic pain in various places of the body, swelling, and skin issues. If any of that sounds like you right now then maybe you should consider cutting the crap for 30 days.
Spaghetti and Meatballs and a Salad for dinner tonight. Recipe below.
This is started in the morning.
* 1 large can of whole tomatoes
* 1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 small can of tomato paste
Read the labels. Make sure there is no sugar added. You want plain ole tomatoes.
* 2 garlic cloves whole
* 1/2 of the 3 minced sweet peppers (see recipe for meatballs)
* S & P
Place everything but the tomato paste in a large sauce pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer on low for several hours, stirring occasionally. Add tomato paste. Use an immersion blender to blend everything together. Taste and adjust seasoning as you see fit.
* 2 lbs of ground meat
* 3 small sweet peppers minced divided in half (I use a red, yellow, and orange)
* 1 1/2 garlic cloves minced
* S & P
* 1 tsp ground mustard or more if you like
* 1 egg
* 1/2 – 1 tsp of coconut flour or almond flour
1. Everything goes in one big bowl and get your hands dirty. Mix it up and roll into meatballs. Make them as big or as small as you want.
2. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Brown the meatballs on each side.
4. After your sauce has been blended and is done place your meat balls in the sauce and let simmer for at least an hour. Stirring occasionally.
* 2 spaghetti squash
* Olive oil
* 1 1/2 cloves of garlic minced
* S & P
* Grape tomatoes
Preheat oven to 375
1. Slice squash in half length wise. Scrape out the seeds.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle with olive oil/light coating.
3. Place squash cut side down on baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
4. Scrape the squash out with a fork. Pulling the strands towards the center and then scooping them out.
5. Place in a strainer and let the water/moisture drain.
I do all of that in the morning so the squash can sit for a little while.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium heat (you can use the skillet from the meat balls – drain the grease out of the pan first) and drizzle with olive oil. Enough to coat the bottom of the pan and a little extra.
7. Sauté garlic for roughly two minutes/do not burn.
8. Add squash and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté squash until heated through.
9. Add grape tomatoes and a ladle or two of sauce. Toss.
10. Cook until tomatoes have wilted.
Once the “pasta” is done serve on a plate with the sauce and meatballs and a nice side salad! Make your own dressing or find one without added sugar and junk.
I hope you enjoy and if you do try it I would love to hear how you liked it.